Calgary Amateur Radio Association

Enjoy Amateur Radio | Serve Our Community


21 Apr 2021 11:11 PM | Dana Harding (Administrator)

{Update 2021-05-12}: New date has been set for 9 October 2021


Notice that went out today is below.

This rollercoaster of a year isn't finished with us yet -   we know that the on and off is hard on the volunteers thank everybody for your continued patience.

Dana, VA6DJH
Garry, VE6GDS

Postponement Announcement

The organizers of the Rocky Mountain Rally, along with the executive of the Calgary Sports Car Club, regret to announce that the Rocky Mountain Rally will be postponed until later in the year.

Recently announced travel restrictions in Ontario, Quebec, and British Columbia have called into question the ability of our participants to travel to Cochrane in late May from anywhere outside of Alberta. While all indications are that the travel restrictions will have ended the week of the event, we have seen similar deadlines come and go with no easing of restrictions. We know how much effort it takes to participate in a rally, and we feel we cannot ask teams and volunteers to plan for an event to which they may not be able to travel.

We are already evaluating our options and will be proposing a new date to the CARS board for approval as soon as possible. You should expect an announcement within the next two weeks.

Keith Morison
Chair – Organizing Committee
2021 Rocky Mountain Rally

© Calgary Amateur Radio Association
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software